Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Midnight blue seven circle

I finally finished my winter knitting project (I'm a really slow knitter so one project each winter seems to be my limit :-). This is my second seven circle (first one here), a beautiful (and free) pattern from Melbourne designer Kirsten Johnstone.

IMG_2966

I loved knitting this pattern again. I'd definitely recommend it to a beginner because it's so interesting, lots of casting on and off, not just the same old row after row that an ordinary scarf might be.

IMG_2958

This time I used a beautiful midnight blue wool.Using a wool this time has made such a difference to the feel of the finished garment. I had made the first one out of an acrylic that I'd had laying around and it's fine, I like the colour, but it's not a patch on the feel and warmth of this one. I could go on and on about how much I love wool in many different forms. I sewed a merino cardigan recently which I'm hoping to blog soon too.

IMG_2969

And in case you haven't seen how this clever design works, here it is stretched out on my arm. While I was knitting it (mainly while waiting for kids at dancing and swimming classes) I had so many people looking at me quizzically and asking "What is it??". It does look kind of weird until you slip it over your head and then it all makes sense. She's a clever one, that Kirsten!

3 comments:

  1. oh, i love it!! i've had a copy of it in my 'notebook' of project ideas (pre-pinterest!) for years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that is too cool! I was puzzling about how it actually worked until you showed it on your arm. This looks like a fun project that even I might have the skills to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely! And yes, how wonderful is wool? So much nicer to knit with & wear than anything acrylic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails