Thursday, October 20, 2011

KCWC wrap-up +



I'm rather late with this one as KCWC finished last weekend, but I just thought I'd show you a little messenger bag that I started last week and just finished for my little boy. As he's always taking his sisters' bags and wearing them around the house I thought he'd better have one of his own.



I used my usual self-drafted pattern but made this one a bit smaller than I usually do as he's little. Apparently noone has told him he's only 2, I'm sure he thinks he's 10 - he's so independent and just has to try to do everything his sisters do (3rd child syndrome maybe?).

And what better fabric to use for a dog-loving 2 year old than this Michael Miller "Mutt" print. I teamed it with some repurposed denim for a bit of strength and durability.



I was considering reserving the bag for Christmas for him (which is approaching scarily fast - arghh, someone slow the year down please!!). But as we are going away on a little break for a few days soon I'll give it to him for that - for taking some cars and trucks away with us, or maybe collecting shells on the beach?

Link

I'm looking forward to making a few of these bags to sell at the upcoming school fete, then hopefully I will finally get my act together and reopen my Etsy shop with some more bags... that is if I can finish making the pair of these that I am happily fussing over :-)

- - - - -

In other KCWC news I was thrilled to be featured in Meg's wrap-up pics - yay! It's over here in case you want to have a look, staring my little girl as no. 6 ;-)

- - - - -

In unrelated goings on, I have joined the handprinted fabric swap going on over at onegirl. I'm really looking forward to thinking of a design to print and also seeing everyone else's.

Coincidently my friend Lamina from do a bit recently very generously lent me one of her screens to try out some screen printing of my own (and reminded me of the print swap - thanks Lamina!). After doing a course recently I've been keen to try it out. I'll have to have a few practice goes before I do my swap pieces so I don't send my poor partners anything dodgy!


If this sounds like your kind of thing the sign-up is open until tomorrow so pop on over to Onegirl.

Lots of interesting creative spaces over here today, go visit and enjoy :-)

5 comments:

  1. Love the little mans messanger bag... SOOO cute! The "Mutt" print is just so cool!

    Woo hoo I'm so glad your joining in the handprint swap!!! It is a pleasure to lend you a screen to play with... can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so gorgeous!! how chuffed will he be!!
    what a great idea to open a shop.
    the swap sounds fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the messenger bag! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the bag is so lovely! and i'm doing the handpainted swap too.... here's hoping my plans work out in real life as well as they do in my head ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bag is so cute, the fabric is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails