Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gift for a little friend



I've just finished making one of my little beenie bears for the daughter of a dear friend of mine who lives in Germany. The bear is filled with rice and gets heated in the microwave to warm up little bodies on cold nights. I figured I'd better send it now before the weather warms up in the northern hemisphere and she doesn't have a need for warm little buddy!



I enjoyed making the gift a lot and it made me think about how I'd like to restock my long neglected and empty little Bubala Etsy shop. The slippers, blankets, toys and pyjama bags above are some of my other favourite things to make for babies and children. Lately I've been hand embroidering the child's name onto bears I've made as gifts (as in the top pic), and I'm wondering now if I should consider offering this as an option on the other items. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I think your beenie bear is just adorable, and the addition of the embroidered name makes it such a treasured keepsake. What a great idea! I'm sure it will be well received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! re-stock! your shop is awesome! (can you do that and draft your sewing book too? too much?) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails